Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Just Do It

If I didn't feel like a nimrod before, then I sure do now. I can't believe what I'm seeing right now on Hostess with the Mostest. Before I decided to buy my cousin's baby shower invitations off of Etsy from an amazing little shop, I actually created invitations that were chevron ombre with a giraffe outline on it in a damask print. & they were really cute but I was scared that people wouldn't like them. Now I am looking at one of my favorite blogs, Hostess with the Mostest, seeing something I had the idea to do 2 months ago but didn't because I was embarrassed!?!?

From now on I just need to do it. Stop over-thinking it & just do it. I might fail along the way, & I am sure at times I will fail along the way but at least I won't look back like this moment & regret not trying.. I don't ever want to think again.. wow I was going to do that but I just didn't get around to it or I was too scared to try & fail. Now I am super bummed I didn't do it first!
Now I just need to listen to my own words of wisdom & do what I dream. Goal: start my Etsy shop by next Tuesday. I have several ideas already stocked up in my head, and I need to just put aside a little bit each day to start it! On a related note, how amazing does the chevron ombre printables look? I am absolutely loving it all! It is 2 of my favorite trends mixed together!!! I think obviously it would have looked cuter with some giraffes on it... but it's still pretty amazing & adorable!!! 

Now for some personal inspiration to get pumped up:



signature

Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5




3 comments:

erica said...

Oh my word how cute is all of this! xo

Jess said...

I love the Steve Jobs quote. It really puts things into perspective!

Audrey @ Putting Me Together said...

Hi Nicole! I just stumbled upon your blog somehow and was caught by all the gorgeous pictures! And then I read this post and because I TOTALLY know the feeling, I just wanted to encourage you to, YES, go for it! Push past those little voices in your head that tell you something might be dumb or not received well and through it you discover something in you that you didn't even know was there. I'm just starting to learn this myself too. :)

Audrey
www.puttingmetogether.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...