Monday, May 7, 2012

Pepsi's Live For Now Ad

Do you ever feel like the answer to your problem pops out at you unexpectedly?
Well, that just happened... in a really weird way...
A Pepsi ad.
No joke.
Lately I have been stressing out about my job.
Not for the typical reasons...
But because I love it.
No lie, I love what I do...
I work 25-30 hours a week selling wedding dresses
& I work at weddings for Simply Savannah Events.
So you might be asking me what the problem is?
Well, I'll tell you...
At times I feel like I should be doing more.
Using my degree or working at a corporate job in a cubicle
Doing what I always thought I'd be doing...
Doing what a lot of my friends my age are doing...
But at the same time I feel so confused because if I love my job,
& I make enough to support myself, then why leave it?
So this ad sort of in a way gave me the answer to this problem.
& honestly that's what I'm going to do.


I need to just focus on now.
And if I'm happy now than why change it?
I know down the road I'll want something more... but until then...
I'm just going to live for now.
Thank you Pepsi. 
Although, my dad did give me very similar advice a week ago...
So I guess, thank you Dad.
Time to stop comparing myself to others & just live in the moment 
& be happy along the journey. :)

signature

Photo: Pepsi ad

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I love it. Lately we have been stressing too much about 'a year from now' when we should just worry about... now! Funny how messages can come to you in the strangest forms.

Your job does sound pretty darn good too!

Mon. Xx

Jayme @ Her Late Night Cravings said...

I work in a cubicle and I like my job but if I had found something that I "loved" and it wasn't in an office setting then I'd be there. Think about how many people work in corporate america and are still looking for what they "want" to do. You are in the minority my friend because you can actually say that you love what you do. I know SO many people that are completely unhappy working desk jobs. I say go with what you are passionate about and enjoy every minute...just like Pepsi says! :-)

Jayme @ Her Late Night Cravings

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...