Thursday, March 15, 2012

Wedding #39: Luck of the Irish

I studied abroad in Ireland for 2 1/2 monthes after my sophomore year in college.
It was such an amazing experience & I absolutely loved the country.
So let's take a little trip back to Ireland with an Irish inspired wedding board
Just in time for St. Patty's day! :) 

Wedding Inspiration #39: Luck of the Irish

Fun fact:
In ancient times, Irish brides wore blue dresses to symbolize purity.

Anyway, it will be interesting to see how St. Patrick's Day in Savannah is.
I hear some really crazy ridiculous things.
I'm working at some weddings this weekend but will be done 
Just in time to enjoy the festivities.
We'll see how it goes....
I know I'll definitely be having a Guinness before the day is over!
Although the Guinness is the states come no where near as delicious
as the Guinness in Dublin, Ireland!
What great adventures I had while I was there...
I seriously want to go back someday & explore the city I called home for 10 weeks!!


signature

Photos: bride & groom in an Irish castle, centerpieceoysters and Guinnesscocktail with shamrockbeersthanks sign, image of Kilkenny taken by me, couple and harpistcocktails, cake topper, image of cows taken by me (oh yeah we had to wait for a cow crossing...), dressring bearer box, image of Ireland taken by me, hot cocoa, cheesedress, image of Kilmore Abbey taken by me 


5 comments:

Amanda English said...

Stunning photos!!!! Oh to have another ceremony... xoxo A-

Samantha Green said...

you have used some beautiful images on this post :)
i love dublin... i'm envious that you had the opportunity to live there for 10 weeks :) xx

Jayme @ Her Late Night Cravings said...

Love these inspiration photos!! Oh and I've been to Savannah twice for St. Patty's and had so much fun! Watch out for the giant turkey legs and the protesters. They used to stand in the middle of River Street chanting and holding billboards about all kinds of non-St.Patty's things. :-)
Have fun!!

Jayme @ Her Late Night Cravings

Anonymous said...

Oh, I love the idea of a blue wedding dress :)

I've always wanted to go to Ireland. And green is my favorite color, so all of this inspiration is BEAUTIFUL to me!

Kelly { MessyDirtyHair } said...

I freaking love this! Such a wonderful collage of photos displaying st.pattys! Love it! I'm having a giveaway on my blog, you should check it out!

Xx Kelly

www.MessyDirtyHair.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...