Friday, July 13, 2012

Friday Fancies #44: Wedding Guest

This week's theme for Friday Fancies with AV is the Wedding Guest. Since I work at weddings I see lots of wedding guests and their attire. By what I've seen I've come up with a few of my personal Dos & Don'ts for the Wedding Guest attire. I can't wait till my friends start getting married! :)

Dos:
1.  Dress for the occasion-don't wear a cotton summer dress to a wedding in a ballroom...
2. Dress conservatively-you don't want to look like you're going to the club
3. Wear comfortable heels you can dance all night in

Don'ts:
1. Stay away from super bold colors or patterns so you don't stand out too much
2. Definitely don't wear the same color as the bridesmaid... duhhh...
3. Don't wear red... doesn't that mean you slept with the groom!?!?! Oh my :)
4. Stay away from ivory, white, or really pale colors

Friday Fancies #44: Wedding Guest




signature
{Shopping Guide} Chiffon Bandeau Dress via Top Shop // Kate Spade Sapphire Treasure Chest Necklace via Rent the Runway // Diane von Furstenberg Jeanette Cutout Sandals via Shop Bop // Brahmin 'Debi' Patent Leather Wristlet via Nordstrom // Jennifer Zeuner Jewelry Cursive LOVE Bracelet via Shop Bop // Chanel Le Vernis Mimosa via Beauty and the Dirt // Lemon Cushion Cut Studs via Bauble Bar

4 comments:

Cara said...

Good tips, the club wear is the one that bothers me most. Ha, I definitely broke the bold color choice with my post this week, oops. Love the pale yellow dress, earrings and your choice pick is totally fab!

Kristen said...

This is perfect, I'm getting ready for a wedding later today. Thank goodness I fit in all the do's! Love your blog, I'm your newest bloglovin follower.

Angie said...

I think you and I had the same idea in mind with the yellow and gold~simply gorgeous! Angie

siddathornton said...

i absolutely love the color palette for your look - beautiful!

- lauren

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...