Thursday, February 16, 2012

Thursday DIY #2: Moon & Back


I've been eyeing this print for awhile. It's all over Pinterest & interior design blogs I follow. I love the simplicity & boldness of it. Well, this print is $60. Yes... $60 US dollars. Now as much as I wish I could just spend $60 on a POSTER not even including the frame, I just can't. So I decided to use my graphic design skills to create 2 prints for our bedroom. This is probably the easiest DIY project you could ever do. I found some frames at the Dollar General for $6 each. And then used Adobe Illustrator (my free trial) to create 8in x 10in prints of something I say to my lover way too often. He's working late tonight & hasn't come home yet, so I don't know if he's going to hate them or what, but I tried to make them not too girly. 

Let me know what you guys think! I personally think they might fit better in a little kid's room, but I like the way they turned out. Although I do wish they were a little more navy blue & not so dark...


Yah so uh...
I ate all of my boyfriend's oreos...
& homemade cookies...
& fudge brownie pop tarts...
& chocolate ice cream...
& then I bought him a dark chocolate Kit Kat
when he doesn't even like dark chocolate & only I like dark chocolate...
So uhh.... I have a really bad sweet tooth obviously...
To make up for it I got him some oreos, a Hershey's & pop tarts.
I almost bought chocolate ice cream too, but then realized it would be sitting in my car for 4 hours.
Glad I realized that before buying it & having a puddle of chocolate in my car...


signature

Photo: 1

5 comments:

Jess said...

Oh my gosh, you designed these!?!? They are so cute! But yeah, I would not spend more than $10 for a graphic print either when I could be making my own!

chelsea said...

ohhh great! Now I need a chocolate pop-tart :/

Lindsay [rookie's nest] said...

LOL your little blurb about eating all your boyfriends sweets made me laugh out loud. GREAT job on the DIY they look great! I think they'd work great in an adult's room because they're black & white! Great job!

Lauren K said...

What a great idea! There are so many great prints out there, but it's so much better when you can make them yourselves : )

..Lauren
www.sapphiresunrise.blogspot.com

Rachael said...

Love that print - I bought the small 5x7" just so I didn't have to spring the $60! Like your idea to DIY-it though...cute!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...