Tuesday, December 4, 2012

First Home #1: First Splurges

So I am currently in the process of trying to get a house. The waiting is not fun... but I'll tell you what is fun. Finding furniture... aside from my college rooms I have decorated one apartment & the house we rent now. The truth is... I hate the interior decor. Absolutely hate it. When finding things to put in the house I focused more on price than what I liked... which ultimately led to a house filled with things I liked for about 2.5 milliseconds, which is totally pointless because while I may have saved money in the short run I wasted money in the long run because I have only used the things for a few months before giving the stuff to Good Will. So while decorating our first home I am not going to do this anymore. I know if I do this I will save money in the long run. Here are my first two big splurges. And even though I say big it's not really that big, but big for me. Baby steps first right? The chair was only $130 and the mirror was from Joss & Main and was on sale for $138 and after refreshing the page about 200 times in an hour I finally was able to get the last mirror available!!!!





I am pretty excited to get both of these in the mail! I have been eyeing ghost chairs for forever and knew I wanted one in my home office. I also loved this mirror. I love the shape and the girliness of it. It will also be in my home office. I have a vision and I hope it comes out as pretty as it is in my head. I know I want one striped accent wall in a dark almost black navy color, with the other walls being totally navy. White crown molding. A pretty chandelier. Shelves with the dark color in the back. A bold graphic print rug. Maybe trellis or chevron or scallops? Maybe a bright yellow? I want lots of framed wedding inspiration to create a gallery wall. And I am going to revamp our current dining room table and paint it black so that I have a large desk area. Cannot wait!

Anyway, come back often to see updates on our first home!


signature

{Shopping Guide} Ghost Chair via Starck // Howard Elliot Veruca Wall Mirror in Pink via Joss & Main

1 comment:

Kristen said...

I feel your pain lady. Buying a house can be super stressful. I just got into our first home about 2 months ago. We waited 7 months!! Good luck on your journey! Seriously obsessed with ghost chairs, you will be so happy you got it! Can't wait to see what you have planned for you new place!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...