Sunday, July 31, 2011

Journey into the Unknown

Pre-Savannah:
My first time in Savannah was when my bf & I drove cross country for his move. I instantly fell in love with the city.
I just loved everything about it, especially the trees & the downtown area & just everything.
For the first time in my life I sort of feel like I have no idea what I'm doing.
I'm relatively optimistic though.
Tomorrow I'm driving to Savannah, Georgia. 
I will be there for an entire week to find a place to live & job hunt.
Then I'll be going back to Portland for a week.
I'll be hanging out with friends, my nephews & fambam, and volunteering at the Dew Tour.
Then my dad & I are driving cross country back to Savannah.
And then I'll be moving into my new place.
This is all very exciting... 
But I can't help but be extremely nervous. & anxious.
Every time I've gone somewhere new I've already had a job lined up.
When I went to Dublin, Ireland I had an internship.
When I came to Greenville, South Carolina I was working for my uncle.
Now I am going to Savannah with no job. 
I have saved up enough to survive for about 2-3 months.
Depending on how much fun stuff & shopping I do. :) 
I'm really scared & nervous, but at the same time I am so excited.
So excited, because this is it.
This is life. 
And now I am journeying out there to follow my dreams.
And try to do what I want to do.
And make a career & become successful.
This is what you spend your younger years doing. 
Learning everything you can so that you can go out into the world & succeed.
I think I'm ready. 
I hope I'm ready.
No no, I am ready.
I have set my mind to this, & I just need to do it. 
One of my favorite quotes:
"Shoot for the moon, even if you miss you'll land among the stars."
I just pray that if I search hard enough & keep at it & don't give up that I will find a job within 2 months.
So tomorrow, the journey begins. 
And until then... I will be listening to Keep Your Head Up by Andy Grammer on repeat. 
Only rainbows after rain, right? :)

:) 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...